July is National Ice Cream Social Month! It’s our favorite time of year to enjoy this cool sweet treat that helps beat that Summer heat. We wanted to share with you all a yummy and fun way to eat ice cream. This recipe can be super easy to make – no complicated cooking required…unless you really want to break out that waffle maker, then you have that option too 😉 And hey, they include waffles so you can technically have them for breakfast…right? 😛
- 4 Belgian Waffles – you can buy these pre-made from Mollie’s frozen foods aisle or make them from scratch
- A pint or two of your favorite ice cream
- Whipped Cream
- Your favorite toppings – we’re using peanuts and chocolate syrup but feel free to add whatever you love
- Either toast your pre-made waffles (as directed on the packaging) or make your Belgian waffles from scratch. We love this recipe from Epicurious here.
- Wait for the waffles to cool…otherwise your ice cream will melt even quicker!
- Once the waffles are cool, add about a scoop and a half or two of your ice cream onto two of the waffles.
- Layer some whipped cream over the top.
- Add some of your favorite toppings next.
- Place the other two Belgian waffles over and then drizzle the rest of your toppings.
Don’t forget to share photos of your ice cream creations with us by posting onto our Facebook page or using the hashtag #CookingWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
From July 12 through July 18, 2017, be sure to stop by Mollie Stone’s for our Ice Cream Extravaganza…it’s our biggest ice cream sale of the year! Stock up and stay cool for the summer!
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Let’s all scream for ice cream!